Ontrack EasyRecovery 11
Free data recovery software trial
Kroll Ontrack offers both businesses and home users a complete secure solution to protect, recover and erase data.
The Ontrack EasyRecovery free trial download allows you to try before you buy. The download will tell you what files are recoverable and if the file/s that you want to restore are listed then you simply purchase the software (starting at US$79) to complete the file restore.
Download a free trial of Ontrack EasyRecovery and check files can be recovered before you buy the software. Click Here to download a Mac or Windows trial.
If you purchase the software and the files that you want are not recoverable then you may want to consider our professional data recovery services. Kroll Ontrack will subtract the cost of the EasyRecovery software from the cost of the data recovery services should this be the case. For a free quote and consultation to recover data, call 0508 872 259.
Ontrack EasyRecovery Editions
To preserve the drive with deleted files, all recovered files must be saved to another storage device or another drive letter in the system. Do not download the software to the drive that you want to recover.
When to Use Data Recovery Software:
Data loss can occur from either mechanical/physical damage to the hardware or logical damage to the files, software or internal formatting.
Data loss resulting from a logical failure can include things like accidentally deleted data, formatted disks, problems caused by viruses or software and operating system errors. EasyRecovery data recovery software is designed for these kinds of logistical issues can be used on hard drives, iPads, iPods, mobile phones, external hard drives, USB sticks and laptops to recover important files including files and documents, databases, emails, photos, music and video files.
For a more comprehensive list of logical problems suitable for EasyRecovery data recovery software, visit our EasyRecovery FAQ page or contact Kroll Ontrack on 0508 872 259.
Mechanical and physical damage refers to problems with the hardware, such as water, heat or fire damage, damaged caused by dropping or crushing the device and any strange noises being emitted by the drive/device such as scraping/scratching sounds.
Data loss caused by physical and mechanical hard drive damage cannot be fixed with software; for these kinds of problems, we recommend our Data Recovery Services.
If you are uncertain whether your problem is logistical or physical and whether to use data recovery software or services, please contact Kroll Ontrack Data Recovery on 0508 872 259.
Ontrack EasyRecovery Features:
Recover data from local/external hard drives (HDD/SSD), optical and digital media, iPods,tablet devices and mobile phones that work as a removable storage and disk image files. With Ontrack EasyRecovery, you can get back your important files, e-mails, documents, databases, photos, music and video files.
Ontrack EasyRecovery has the ability to scan all volumes in a local machine and build a directory tree of lost and deleted files. Users can search lost and deleted files matching file name criteria, and the fast scanning engine allows the file list to be built quickly with an intuitive file manager and typical Save File dialog.
The majority of recovered files have the ability to be previewed, and all recovery operations are secure as Ontrack EasyRecovery does not write recovered data onto the drive it is scanning. As a target for your recovered data, users can select any drive, including network drives and removable media. The standard write system API minimizes the chance of disk corruption, and there is no limitation to file and drive size.
The release of Ontrack EasyRecovery 11 sees several new core features added to the best-in-class data recovery tool including:
- The ability to protect the data saved on hard disk or SSD storage with proactive monitoring features based on S.M.A.R.T. scan.
- Recover your data from VMware Virtual Environments (Enterprise edition only).
- Erase your data at the file and folder level or across an entire drive.
Ontrack Easy Recovery Advantages:
- Supports Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 2003,Windows 7, Windows 8, all versions of Windows Servers (Windows version)
- Supports Mac OS X 10.4 or higher (Mac OS version)
- Proactive monitoring of hard drive health (HDD / SS)
- Recovery of VMDK files stored on local file systems (Enterprise edition)
- Data recovery from virtual machine, if Ontrack EasyRecovery is running inside (Enterprise Edition)
- Secure and permanent deletion of files / folders / full drive from virtual machine if Ontrack EasyRecovery is running inside (Enterprise edition)
- Network Support for recovering remote systems (Enterprise Edition)
- Hardware RAID and Software RAID recovery including Stripe Sets and Mirrored Drives (Enterprise Edition)
- Recovers data from Disk Image Files (Encase E01,RAW,AFF and Winhex) (Enterprise and Professional Edition)
- Easy-to-use with a fully automated wizard, which walks the user through the program
- Data protection through standardised read/write operating system API which minimizes the chance of disk corruption
- Recovers data from FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, EXFAT, NTFS, NTFS5 file systems
- Recovers data from HFS/HFS+, HFS+, HFSX, HFS Wrapper file systems
- Recovers from emptied Recycle Bin, Command Line and from within Explorer (Windows version)
- Recovers from Trash or from within applications (Mac OS version)
- No file and drive size limitations associated with DOS-based programs
- Formatted drive recovery
- Lost partition recovery
- Can recover files based on unique signature allowing for recovery from RAW data
- Recovers from all types of digital media, HDD/SSD drives, flash memory devices, external USB media and all other types of removable media
- Preview of files before recovery
- Supports SATA/IDE/SCSI
- Supports CD/DVD media recovery (ISO9660/UDF combined with ISO9660) and Linux media (Ext2/3)
Ontrack EasyRecovery Advanced Tools:
- Works with Microsoft Outlook Express, Microsoft Outlook, Eudora, Becky, Mozilla Thunderbird and Windows Live Mail.
- Mail Recovery allows the user to view the selected e-mail database. Show both existing and deleted e-mails for printing or saving to hard disk.
- Hex Viewer – view the selected disk in a hex editor and search manually for data. Choose this option to view the selected disk contents by the help of a hex viewer. It allows you to search the disk by hex patterns.
- SMART – Gives the user a graphical representation of the selected disk, including bad blocks, used blocks, free blocks. Displays the hard disk S.M.A.R.T. attributes which allows the user to monitor the drive parameters such as disk temperature, power-on hours, error rates, etc. This allows the user to monitor the health of the storage system and any pending failures.
- Imaging tools – Choose this option to restore any disk image file back to the selected disk. You will be asked to choose the disk image file to restore. Note: Your selected disk will be overwritten and all existing data will be lost!
- Copy Disk – Choose this option to copy the selected disk to another disk. You will be asked to choose another destination disk. Note: The selected destination disk will be overwritten and all existing data of the destination disk will be lost!
- Refresh Disk is used for archive media to rewrite and verify data blocks. Hard disk drives are designed to be used regularly, not stored on a shelf for months or years. The magnetic strength of the digital bits recorded on a drive slowly decays when that drive is disconnected from a computer. After many months, this effect can cause data files to fade, sometimes becoming unreadable.
Windows System Requirements:
- Computer running Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 2003,Windows 7, Windows 8 all versions of Windows Servers on Intel platform with 1 GHz processor or faster
- Minimum of 512 MB RAM. More RAM memory available, improves data recovery performance
- Storage Drive or Network Drive at least as large as the amount of data you wish to recover
- SVGA monitor
Mac System Requirements:
- Computer running Mac OS X 10.4 or hight
- Minimum of 512 MB RAM. More RAM memory available improves data recovery performance.
- Storage Drive or Netword Drive at least as large as the amount of data that you wish to recover.
- SVGA Monitor
If you require any additional information about our file recovery software products, please contact us on our toll-free number 1800 872 259 or 0508 872 259, or visit our technical software support page.