Data Recovery for VMware Virtual Systems
Kroll Ontrack is a VMware partner; we’ve worked with VMware to resolve cases of data loss since 2008 and in that time have successfully conducted over 1,000 specialised data recoveries. We partner directly with VMware support services to ensure we offer you the latest technology possible to recover from your data loss.
Call 0508 872 259 for an instant and obligation free data recovery consultation. Our priority is to prevent further data loss and to make sure that you get your data back.
A Comprehensive VMware Data Recovery Service
Utilising the technologies and expertise that have made our Ontrack Data Recovery services the most trusted name in data recovery, we have successfully developed the world’s first and most comprehensive VMware data recovery solution.
At Kroll Ontrack we’re uniquely positioned to assist with your organisation’s virtual system data recovery needs. We are committed to keeping up to date with evolving virtualisation technologies and are currently the only recovery provider who can offer you full recovery support with the following VMware products: VMware ESX/ESXi; VMware Server; VMware Workstation and VMware Fusion.
Common Sources of Virtualised Data Loss
Though virtualised data storage may provide an efficient and secure way to save your data, there are still risks. Some of the most common causes of VMware data loss are:
- Deleted VMware vStorage VMFS volumes
- Deleted Virtual Machine Disks (VMDK) and snapshots.
- VMDK corruption.
- VMware vStorage VMFS volume corruption.
- Traditional RAID and hardware failures.
- Deleted or corrupt files contained within virtualised storage systems.
With our Ontrack Data Recovery engineers and an unmatched suite of custom data recovery tools, your VMware data loss can be evaluated and recovery initiated in a matter of hours via our in-lab, onsite or exclusive Ontrack Remote Data Recovery Services.
The Benefits of Virtualised Systems
Among the primary business requisites facing IT Managers, System Architects and Consultants are:
- Finding cost-effective methods of IT infrastructure utilisation.
- Delivering improved responsiveness to new business initiatives.
- Becoming more flexible in adapting to organisational and regulatory changes.
Taking these issues into consideration, the benefits of employing Virtual Data Centres (VDCs) and VMware virtualisation software are clear, but so are the challenges.
The Challenges of Virtualised Systems
Despite advances in server hardware consolidation, CPU processing distribution and the virtualisation of storage devices, data loss is still a possibility within any virtualised infrastructure. Virtual systems are often more unstable given the increased consolidation of valuable proprietary data on one system. Some of the most common virtualised infrastructure challenges are:
- Initial implementation issues of an additional ‘layer’ being added to the central infrastructure.
- Increased consolidation of data sources and data volumes.
- Difficulties in defining a root cause in the event of a performance or outage problem.
- The need for more sophisticated data backup and recovery protocols.
If you have experienced any kind of VMware or virtual machine data loss, contact us immediately on 0508 872 259 for a free data recovery consultation with one of our experienced engineers – our main priority is to assist you and reduce any risk of further damage.